Social media channels like Facebook, Twitter and now Pinterest are fantastic mediums to help artists and crafters gain exposure and build relationships that eventually turn into sales.
The key to using these social media channels is to be your authentic self and understand that it is a process. Just like building any great relationship, it takes time, effort and honesty. Success is built with dedication and passion and although we may see overnight success, a long term approach is usually more effective.
Here are 6 social media tips to improve your art & craft business:
1. Start Slow: Start slow and get used to one platform at a time…get comfortable first and find your rhythm before you move on.
2. Inform with Good Content: Use your preferred social media channel by sharing quality content that is useful…sharing only the weather will not add significant value.
3. Make it Short and Sweet: Long explanations will not get attention so summarize and get to the point quickly.
4. Promote Others: Find ways to share and talk about others that provide value to your audience and it will come back tenfold.
5. Listen and Respond: Keep the channels of communication always humming so your staying fresh and up to date with your audience.
6. Be Consistent and Honest: Consistency builds networks and honesty will always win in the long run.